figuring for special hinges, like Soss hinges

for questions and conversations regarding estimating projects with The Assistant Estimating System
John Whitling
All knowing

figuring for special hinges, like Soss hinges

Post by John Whitling » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:17 am

In the auto entry for cabinet specs, I am working with 3 different cabinet specs in a takeoff, one cabinet spec has soss hinges and the other spec I have euro hinges. The soss hinge takes considerable amount of time to install compared to the euro hinge. I am trying to tweak up the labor factors to meet our needs, my question is how do account for this in the labor factors tab. I know I can change the factor for the hardware assy hrs in the labor factors under the column “swing hinges per pair” but I am under the assumption that whatever factor I put in here it will apply to all the specs in my takeoff, no matter what type of hinge is installed.

Pls. Advise.
Thanks, Mike
Thanks for participating!

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:18 am

Mike
In the cabinet door style adjustments area (lines 49 thru 59 on the labor factors sheet) create a style with name like"soss hinge doors" and then in the swing hinges per pair column (H) enter the add'l time it takes to install a PAIR of soss hinges. Then when you go to that cabinet spec, in the design tab, select that door type. The labor adjustment will be figured.
Thanks for participating!