oops - wrong cabinet spec for 1/2 job

for questions and conversations regarding estimating projects with The Assistant Estimating System
vcwjeff
contributor

oops - wrong cabinet spec for 1/2 job

Post by vcwjeff » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:31 pm

ARGH! I started an estimate yesterday and got about 1/2 way done and quit for the night. I came in this morning and got right back into it. I'm just about done laying out about 600+ cabinets and realize that all the cabinets I layed out today (~300 cabinets) were entered with the wrong cabinet spec because the autoentry dialog defaults to top of the spec list.

Is there a faster way of changing the specs on all these cabinets from "cabinet spec 1" to "cabinet spec 3" than editing each line item? This has got to be the 10th time I've done this in the past 3 months and I'm really getting frustrated with the both the software and myself!

vcwjeff
contributor

Post by vcwjeff » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:37 pm

By the way, I did consider cloning my main spec and swaping the spec in the 'setup casework specs' dialog, but I'm not so sure that's the way to do it.

In the 'Swap a Cabinet spec' tab, my 4 cabinet specs are listed under 'Chose an active spec to change' but the "# cabinets in job" list is incorrect. It's telling me that there are 536 cabinets for cab spec 3 and zero for the others, although I know there should be about 200-300 under cab spec 1

I'm confused?!

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Jeff
Cloning the original spec and then swapping the cloned spec would work best.

The Autoentry system should be repeating the last spec selection used. It should not be defaulting to the first spec. Is that indeed what's happening?

As for cabinet counts, we have had some occasional problems with that. If you send the file via email I'll happily look into it.

vcwjeff
contributor

Post by vcwjeff » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:03 pm

The Autoentry system should be repeating the last spec selection used. It should not be defaulting to the first spec. Is that indeed what's happening?
yes, the autoentry does repeat the last spec section, however if you restart the Gen2 System (IE: at the end/beginning of the day), the spec selection jumps to the first spec in the list