Question concerning regular labor sell price result

tips for tailoring The Assistant Estimating System for your company's use
THarris

Question concerning regular labor sell price result

Post by THarris » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Hello I was wondering how I would create a formula in the labor rates section where I could enable a certain overhead percentage to be multiplied by the direct labor cost, and having the result then added to the rest of the formula as opposed to being multiplied by all?
In other words our shop overhead percentage is found in our existing formula being multiplied by the shop labor cost only, and then is added to the rest of the overhead percentages that are being multiplied by the shop labor costs. I am searching for a way to include this shop overhead percentage seperate from the others.
i.e. (shop overhead % x labor cost) + ((overhead2 % x labor cost) + (overhead3 % x labor cost))=
Trevor Harris
Brunswick Woodworking

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:07 pm

Trevor
There are multiple entries that can be made for plant overheads in the labor rates sheet. You can vary them by labor department.

You really want the labor factors to correctly calculate the AMOUNT of labor involved, whereas the cost, markup, overheads for that labor are set on the labor rates sheet. Does that help? I feel that you might be making something harder than it needs to be. Feel free to call and we'll talk about it if this reply doesn't get you there.