waste factors. sheet & board, wood mtls

tips for tailoring The Assistant Estimating System for your company's use

waste factors. sheet & board, wood mtls

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:37 pm

John,

in your set-up tips msg of Jan 05, item 2, you mention adjusting waste factors in cabinet specs. when i use/modify/create material specs in the master data base/project materials screens, i assign a waste factor to the material i am using, and this factor carries over to the waste factor box in the upper right corner of the material spec window. this is a lot easier than entering a waste factor for each line in the different windows, which i then just leave as the "1" default value. am i correct in assuming the material waste factor overrides the individual defaults? and if i make an entry to an individual line, it will compound onto the already set material waste factor? :idea:

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Sun May 01, 2005 9:21 pm

Rob, You must adjust the waste factor for each entry. It is setup that way so that you can use the waste factors to make any adjustments that you need. And waste factors do not compound.

BTW, you shgould be able to select the part number and then double click the waste factor entry box for that spec line. That should put the waste factor that is displayed for the active part number in that control.
Thanks for participating!

fetzer
contributor

Post by fetzer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:28 am

John,

I have read this 3 times and still am not clear on this. When I am configuring a custom item and add a part, then the waste multiplier for the part has no bearing on the part and is not used, only the Factor. Is that correct? I don't find that any double clicking I do loads any waste multipliers.

Erik

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:34 am

Erik

The post was referring to waste factors in cabinet specs .. it would be the same for counter top specs too.

as for your question about the factor entries in the custom library .. you are correct. You will have to add waste to the factor area quantity. For instance you want o figure something once you would enter a "1". If you want to add 20% waste to that entry you would enter "1.2". Similarly you want to figure an item twice you enter a "2". You want to add 20% waste you enter "2.4".

Does that help?

fetzer
contributor

Post by fetzer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:39 am

Yep, just trying to understand the logic. I can deal with that.