Setting up Expenses

tips for tailoring The Assistant Estimating System for your company's use
Hank H
contributor

Setting up Expenses

Post by Hank H » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:13 pm

I think we disscussed this during training but I cannot remember what the verdict was.
What would be the best method to add expenses such as truck rentals, fuel, scaffolding and other general condition expenses?
We did add a truck trip item to the custom auto entry library (using dollarpart ea) as a test but doesn't material tax get added to these items?
I have been thinking about trying to add these expenses to the overhead areas in the Labor Rates worksheet but that would affect the labor sell price and would make it hard to track actual general condition expenses.
Are there other options?

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:50 am

Hank
The only options you have is to assign a charge to mfg or install mat'ls. If you have to tax materials though, those charges will be taxed too.

When you include a material tax, all material is taxed, whether in in mfg or install.

I have one customer that uses a negative tax rate in installation to remove matl taxes from installation materials.

Hank H
contributor

Post by Hank H » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 am

I like the negative tax rate idea. I will test that out and see if it will work for us as well.