Changing Labor Classes / Codes

tips for tailoring The Assistant Estimating System for your company's use
Hank H
contributor

Changing Labor Classes / Codes

Post by Hank H » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:30 pm

Would it be possible to change the "Solid Surface" labor class on the Labor Rates tab to something like "Shop Foreman" or would that not track through the system correctly? I would like change the labor code for that item to "foreman" as well.
I know that during the initial setup process we changed many of the labor class names but the solid surface labor code was left alone and I am not sure if there was a reason or not.

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:47 am

Hank
You can change the labor name in the labor rates tab. Rename the labor on the three top lines that are in blue text. You have a short name, a description, and the long name of the labor.

After you make this change you need to change some price in the labor factors tab so the system will see that a change has been made. The system will then also update the names in the custom library.

And this is an important consideration .. you want to look over the labor values in the labor factors tab. Any labor that you had previously in solid surface will now be associated with the new name that you entered. You might want to study your labor factors before you make this change just to make sure that you want to make the labor name change. In some cases it might require a lot of setup work to make the change that you're considering.

Hank H
contributor

Post by Hank H » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:07 am

Thanks for the guidelines.