hinges on tall cabinet

tips for tailoring The Assistant Estimating System for your company's use
luke

hinges on tall cabinet

Post by luke » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:57 pm

i need help i have added a 4 door tall cabinet to my stiles and it does not add the right number of hinges and i have changed the setup in the cab specs for the addding ov the 3erd hing but it still dont come up with the corect amount,
also i need to add some items to the base cabinets and tall cabinets to be inplase at all times , but i dont have enuf roome in the cab specs to add them all in the custoums area in cabinets specs .
luke davis

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:56 pm

Luke
Thanks for using the forum! As for hinges on tall doors .. in the cabinet specs there is a dimensions tab. On that tab you can set the height that you want the system to add an additional 3rd and 4th hinge. The dimension is for the door height, meaning that the system subtracts the toe base height and drawer fronts to arrive at door heights.

One other thing playing into this equation is that the hinge cost is for an ENTIRE set of hinges, including fixing plates and fasteners. The hinge cost is not "per hinge" .. it's "per pair". Does this jive with the results you are getting?

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:58 pm

As for the second part of your question .. what additional items are you trying to add? You've looked at the custom tab in the spec and that's not enough? Most customers don't even use that tab because they don't need it.