installation - prefin vs raw

tips for tailoring The Assistant Estimating System for your company's use
alantenan
contributor

installation - prefin vs raw

Post by alantenan » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:06 pm

So I am reviewing installation hours on mouldings . It appears the hours are setup for prefinished mouldings rates. I need the flexibility to price installation at a faster rate when finish is excluded. What is my best method to achieve this?

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:26 pm

The moulding labor factors include up to ten different install labor types. I refer you to line 212 of the labor factors tab. I suggest naming some of these install labor types as install with field finish, etc. Then adjust the install labor values to include finishing labor. After doing this you may want to go the styles tab and change the default install labor index to correlate with your install labor type you've created.

During the takeoff you would choose "none" for finishing, and then make sure the install labor profile is what you want to use.

Does that help?

EDIT: Rather than setting finish to none, make a finish code that picks up your material costs for finishing and select that when you do field finishing. Of course, if you do more sanding in the shop you can include that time in your finish code too.