enhancement: clone tool

Do you have ideas to make The Assistant better? Share them with us and we'll try to address them in the next update!

Shouldn't the Clone tool recognize the difference between Elevations and Cabinet Quantity?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:38 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes
What do you mean? It works like I expect!
No votes

Total votes: 2

vcwjeff
contributor

enhancement: clone tool

Post by vcwjeff » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:38 pm

I love the clone tool, however, it does not currently recognize the difference between "Number of Elevations" and "Quantity of cabinets"

For instance, I'm taking-off a large job that has many of the same cabinets with-in a room, and also many rooms that are also the same. In the interest of speed and file size, I use these 2 features as multiplier's for cabinets and rooms.

A problem crops up when you need to use the clone tool. All cabinet quantities will drop down to the number of elevations that you want to clone, rather than multipling the number of cabinets by the number of cloned rooms.

Hope what I'm asking is clear, if not, please email me

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:15 pm

Jeff
Are you saying that you would like to be able to set the cabinet quantity as well as the elevation quantity in the clone tool? I'm a little confused about that. Most users use the clone tool to replicate an existing elevation, and if the elevation has 3 of one type of cabinet and one of another, most users would expect the clone tool to have 2 of the first cabinet and one of the other .. per elevation.

I have a problem though, in trying to replicate what you're saying. The item description reads quantity incorrectly. For instance if I clone the cabinet line with a quantity of three cabinets per elevation and adjust for two elevations instead of one, the description will state 3 ea. If I look at the price and the elevation and per elevation quantity the system is indeed figuring 6 cabinets, like I requested. Is this the problem you're talking about?

vcwjeff
contributor

Post by vcwjeff » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Okay, I checked again, and it now works as I expected it to. Clone an Elevation, and the cabinet quantities get multiplied by the number of cloned elevations. Somthing wierd must have been going on last night, as this was not working, but I can't repeat it now. :roll:

Thanks for the quick response, as always!

John Whitling
All knowing

Post by John Whitling » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:22 pm

It very well could have been the description problem. I have replicated that and will be looking into it soon. EDIT: This bug was handled in the 218 release.